But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
What an amazing week of beautiful spring weather! Don’t forget to spring your clocks forward an hour this weekend (on Saturday night).
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the appeal for the Ukrainian refugees. The lorry left for Romania on Tuesday afternoon.
This Sunday morning we will be celebrating Mothering Sunday and looking at the theme of “Outrageous love”. Do hope you will be able to join us in church at 10am or on YouTube if you are unable to get to church.
Just a reminder of the new Covid guidance:
• The wearing of a face covering is down to each individual to choose for themselves. We would ask everyone to make their own decision in love, care and concern for all members of the church family
• If you know you have Covid or if you have a “sniffle or sore throat” please do not attend church or activities in person
• Please continue to use the hand sanitising station on your arrival at church
• The main door and windows will be left open during our services to provide as much ventilation as possible – you may like to come prepared for it to not be very warm in church
• We will continue to leave the chairs in sets of 2,3 and 4’s with space around them
Prayer for Ukraine
We would like to call the church to pray for Ukraine on Monday 4th April from 7-9pm. The church will be open over this time and it would be great if you could come and join us for all or part of the evening.
The elders will be meeting on Saturday morning, 2nd April to pray, discuss and discern the vision for the way forward for the church. We will be using the feedback from the questionnaire people completed last year and also the feedback from the vision day held last year. Please do pray for this meeting.
There is now a signup sheet in the foyer for the Maundy Thursday meal, when we will meet together as a family from 6.30pm to share in a simple meal. We will need to know who is coming by 4th April.
Over Easter we will be needing help with the following:
- Setting up of tables
- Preparing and serving the meal and clearing away afterwards
- Preparing and serving tea/coffee and hot cross buns for our joint service with Prettygate Baptist Church.
- Setting up of chairs outside and clearing away afterwards
- Preparing and serving tea/coffee and hot cross buns for our Café Church service.
- Handing out of Easter Egg Hunt trails in the afternoon at 3pm for our joint activity with Prettygate Baptist Church.
If you can help with any of this please either e-mail email@example.com or speak to Andrea or me.
We will also need help to deliver the Easter leaflets when they arrive.
Also, just a further reminder that if we are to start to serve refreshments on a Sunday we need a team of people to do this. Please do let Andrea or me know if you could help with this.
Hope you have a really blessed weekend enjoying the sunshine.