But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
I don’t know about you but I never tire of our seasons – it does feel as though we have had a range of our seasons in one week!
Churches are being asked to join nationally in prayer for Ukraine this Sunday. We will be observing this call to prayer during our service as well as remembering the sacrifice Jesus made for each of us as we share in Communion together.
Just a reminder of the new Covid guidance:
• The wearing of a face covering is down to each individual to choose for themselves. We would ask everyone to make their own decision in love, care and concern for all members of the church family
• If you know you have Covid or if you have a “sniffle or sore throat” please do not attend church or activities in person
• Please continue to use the hand sanitising station on your arrival at church
• The main door and windows will be left open during our services to provide as much ventilation as possible – you may like to come prepared for it to not be very warm in church
• We will continue to leave the chairs in sets of 2,3 and 4’s with space around them.
Prayer for Ukraine
As well as our observance of the call to pray for Ukraine on Sunday, we are calling the church to pray for Ukraine on Monday 4th April from 7-9pm. The church will be open over this time and it would be great if you could come and join us for all or part of the evening.
Bible Study Homegroup
We will be meeting again this Tuesday on Zoom and will be looking at the 2 week Francis Chan resource on Good Friday and Easter. Do join us if you can.
There is now a signup sheet in the foyer for the Maundy Thursday meal, when we will meet together as a family from 6.30pm to share in a simple meal. Please sign up this weekend or let me know using the admin e-mail address if you would like to come and if you have any dietary requirements.
Over Easter we will be needing help with the following:
- Setting up of tables
- Preparing and serving the meal
- Clearing away afterwards
- Preparing and serving tea/coffee and hot cross buns for our joint service with Prettygate Baptist Church
- Setting up of chairs outside and clearing away afterwards
- Preparing and serving tea/coffee and hot cross buns for our Café Church service
- Handing out of Easter Egg Hunt trails in the afternoon at 3pm for our joint activity with Prettygate Baptist Church
If you can help with any of this please either e-mail email@example.com or speak to Andrea or me.
We will also need help to deliver the Easter leaflets this week.
Hope you have a really blessed weekend enjoying the sunshine.